Sat 5 Jan 2008
1. I’d like to get back to reading more, and hopefully will get a bit more time to do so as the year progresses. The target for the year is to read at least 20 books.
2. Our visit to Paris showed up just how little French I have remembered - not surprising really as I’ve had little chance to use it since leaving school. Target is to brush up on this and learn a little German too.
3. I’ve made 150 posts to this blog since I started it last April, which is just under a post every couple of days. When I started I didn’t know how often I would post, or even what I would post about, so I can’t say that I’ve achieved my goal or not. For 2008 though the target is to try and post every day, or at the very least every second day - holidays and illness withstanding of course!
4. I don’t know the first thing about website development - what you see here has been cobbled together from bits and pieces other people have developed. I’d really like to know how to do it myself, so the target is to be able to not only amend the themes to how I would like them but to also understand exactly what is happening with each tweak!
5. Having purchased a sparkling new Canon 400D camera, I want to get the most out of it. The target being to experiment and learn as much as possible so I’m totally comfortable using it in any situation and can achieve the results I’m looking for.
6. I didn’t do a huge amount of exercise in 2007 and that has to change in 2008. I found to my surprise that I quite enjoy running so I have to get back to that. As insipration and motivation, I’m going to sign up to run for charity which will force myself to get out there and train - target is to have completed a charity run in 2008, probably a 10k.
7. With having a new house and the resulting renovation work, money seems to be flowing out a lot quicker than it’s been flowing in at the moment. Need to get this under control but also understand that sometimes it’s not possible to proceed without a little debt. Target for 2008 is to have everything under control and on course for being paid off in one way or another.